Saturday, November 21, 2015

Lead Kindly Light

This week in my New Testament class, I feel like the topic of faith is standing out a lot to me, one of the verses I read is Hebrews 11:3. The principle that I gained from that is if we have faith, then we will know that the worlds were created by the word of God. I think if we have faith in God and Christ, then we will know more than just that He created the worlds. To me, faith gives me peace and comfort that even though things may seem like they are going wrong in my life, everything will work out in the Lord's time.

I have a few things in my life that I am working to have faith on. One is finding a job before I run out of savings. I'll be graduating soon with my bachelor's degree and I hope to find something that I can learn and grow in and where I will enjoy working. I have yet to find that, but I know with God's help, things will work out. I just need to have faith.

Another thing I have faith in is finding my eternal companion. I'm 32 years old and have been single my whole life. It's not something that I share very often these days. But I figured that not many people will read my blog. Sometimes it is hard when I see couples who are a lot younger than me getting married. But I remind myself that my time will come and that God has a plan for me. I have no doubt that it will happen, I just have to remember that God has His own timetable.

One of my favorite paintings of Christ is by Simon Dewey titled, Lead Kindly Light. I got a print of this painting framed and it is sitting in my bedroom. I love this painting because of the light in one hand and His other hand is beckoning you. When I think of the light in His hand, I think of the parable of the Ten Virgins. In that story, the oil for the light can represent our faith. The painting also makes me feel that He is there waiting patiently for us to come to Him,


I know that if we have faith in God, things will work out. It may not work out the way we want or planned, but God has a plan for us.

No comments: