Sunday, January 25, 2009

Facebook Group

So, I took some cookies with me to church today for my lesson in Relief Society. I like to take treats with me when I have a lesson to teach and I hadn't in a while. So yesterday I made Revel Bars to take with me. Then after church someone mentioned that I should email them the recipe then someone else said that I should make a group on Facebook. So I did. I've already posted dome recipes. I really hope people enjoy it. I love to bake. I'm not a big fan of standing over the stove and stirring something. I have very little patience for it plus I tend to get light headed. I always have to be sure that I have a glass of water next to me. I don't mind cooking on the stove as long as it doesn't take too long.
Now that church is at 9am this year, I seem to have more free time on my hands when I get
home. For the past 3 Sundays I have been cleaning the kitchen. Mostly loading the dishwasher, wiping down the counters if they need it and cleaning the stove. Luckily the stove wasn't as bad today. I didn't have to spray it with anything. I love it when the kitchen is clean. I hate cooking in a dirty kitchen.
I have been trying to finish a queen size blanket for my sister and brother in-law. It was supposed to be done by last Christmas but I wasn't happy with the width and neither was Jen. I didn't work on it for a little while and now I am finally almost done with it. Oh, I am crocheting the blanket. That pic is how it looks. It's huge. Once I am done with it I will take a picture of it on a bed to show how big it is. I used to take it with me to work to work on during my lunch break but it got too big and I was getting tired of carrying it in a big plastic disney bag. I ended up having to tape that bag up to keep my crochet hook and scissors from falling out of the bag. I really do love this blanket. It's nice and warm. Once I am done making blankets for my siblings and parents I will finally make one for myself. Who knows what I'll feel like making for me by the time that happens. I have Justin's blanket done a long time ago. That leaves Heather, Josh & Adele, Nicole, and my parents.

3 comments:

Josh said...

Cool, now if I could just get you to send me all the food you're making....

And the blanket looks really cool. I can't believe you are using crocheting an entire queen size blanket. Amazing.

Love yeah.

merrilykaroly said...

I'm also definitely a baker, not a cook. Baking's more fun. Besides I love dessert :)

That blanket looks really nice! Maybe you should keep it for yourself... ;)

mptanner said...

Hey Kris I can't believe that I didn't know you had a blog until now! Glad I found it though :)